Kevin Pease, who’s left his pals from the I’m a Bright Kid Foundation here, has a new gig ahead in the Chicago area.

He is the new artistic director of Chicago’s Beverly Arts Center, which he describes as  “a cornerstone of the Beverly/Morgan Park neighborhood since 1967.”

Kevin Pease

Pease added, “Their 40,000 square-foot space houses a 400-set proscenium theater, art gallery, exhibition spaces, music and dance studios, art classooms and event rental spaces including a courtyard and light-filled atrium,” he said. “I’m excited and humbled to begin this journey with their amazing leadership team and the array of artists and educators dedicated to bringing high quality arts experiences to not only the Far South Side but to the Greater Chicago Metro Area. I can’t wait to get to work with BAC in sparking joy through the arts.” …

Ruivivar scores ‘NCIS’ role here

Anthony Ruiviar

Anthony Ruivivar, currently seen on the Disney+ streaming comedy, “Turner and Hooch,” was in Honolulu earlier this month, for a bit of filming of “NCIS: Hawai‘i.”

He couldn’t reveal any specifics about the role, citing non-disclosure protocols, but was impressed with the manao shared by Vanessa Lachey, starring as Jane Tennent, the show’s lead special agent. …

Mary Gutzi

Gutzi home for R&R

Mary Gutzi, the singer-actor-entertainer, is in the islands again, after living and working in New York City.

“So happy to be home,” she said in an email. “New York was very challenging in this pandemic and the aloha here is a welcome change.”

For now, Gutzi hopes to recruit some students for private coaching in the realm of acting. Since local theater is set to go again, she’s eager to prep prospects with auditions, train actors needing help with a monologue, and even do scene work. “You just name it,” she said.

Her workshops in The Big Apple were canceled due to the coronavirus, so she decided to come back home and offer her services.

Gutzi plans to be home through Nov. 3. …

HPR raises $622,785 in campaign

Hawaii Public Radio raised $622,785 in its fall membership campaign, with 35 per cent of donors  representing first-time supporters.

The station relies on the campaign for 94 per cent of its revenues, with the remaining 6 per cent from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.

“Once again, our community has stepped forward to demonstrate their commitment to the work that we do,” said José A. Fajardo, HPR’s president and general manager.

HPR will mark its 40th anniversary next month. …

And that’s Show Biz. ….


  1. Will be great to see Anthony again on TV in NCIS Hawaii. I don’t get to see “Turner and Hooch” here on my Verizon package. Just hope this new NCIS keeps on going as it has tough competition.

Leave a Reply